Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sound Bites of Rajasthan Rides

So I finally got a youtube account.
Here's some sound bites from luxury cars, trains, motorcycles, jeeps and camels I used to get around Rajasthan. The sound with the video is live, and often most of the reason I took the video in the first place.

here's our luxury car (with private driver of course) blasting the stereo on the way to Udaipur


The myriad of things you can buy through the bars of a train window,
somewhere between The Taj Mahal and Delhi. The man at the ticket window didn't hear me say "express" train to Delhi, so I got a third class ticket with no seats?! instead. Three hour journey cost 36 rupees (90 cents). I thought that was rather cheap for the express train. I had to sit on my backpack on the floor next to the bathrooms in BACK of third class. Live and learn.


The motocycle ride up to my guesthouse in the fort in Jaisalmer



crazy music plays as we head out of Jaisalmer towards the Pakistan border to drop off the Japanese





Matar my camel driver sings his favorite Muslim song on safari



going the opposite way of pilgrims on the road from Fatehpur Sikri to the Taj Mahal
yes that's a guy spitting at the end... classy! Two hour journey cost 21 rupess (52 cents)



a bicycle rickshaw through the streets of Jaipur. Cost? 25 cents (10 rupees)
great if your not in a hurry

for more sound bite mini videos you can go to youtube.com/thiakonig

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thia,

I've worked so hard to shoot amazing pictures in India and you have to go and post these short videos...honestly those videos tell more about India than any photo I shot....they show how just being in India is always a trip and feels like you are always on the edge...the chaos of India is so hard to show in a still photograph but those videos really bring it home...kudos

PatitucciPhoto said...

Ditto, love these, amazing what sound and video do for those that have been there. Thanks for sharing.

Dan Patitucci