Monday, March 10, 2008

Holy Cow! I'm in India





India. All comedy, all day, but with no spell check, and cows wander about everywhere, like spoiled children. 

I'm overwhelmed by the warmth of the people, the colors, the filth, the beauty- and my eyes and heart are full, and overflowing and mixing with all the flowers, incense, curry, cow shit. India is "full power", and I think it's on acid.

They say to experience India is to share in the sorrows, dreams tribulations and almost unbearable joy of a billion fellow human beings. Help... I seem to be falling under a spell....


On the way to my camel ride I saw Jaipur, the city painted in pink, and Pushkar, a holy town around a lake with no meat, no eggs, no alcohol, but by all means have a baang lassi (pot yogurt drink). It's Shiva Day! (there is always a festival it seems going on in India) and I escaped the heat by following a new friend into an underground temple painted pink and lavender, where he gave puja (received blessings) with a priest, who's echoed chanting in the small chamber transported me to another realm.


I can't play, but I kept on playing, if you know what I mean.....

for more pics of India click on thiakonig.com/india

No comments: