Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another award from PDN! - the Faces contest...

Wow. I got ANOTHER call from PDN (Photo District News - THE trade mag for the photo industry) that the judges had chosen this image as a finalist in the Faces competion. These boys at a road stop in the middle of nowhere didn't know what to think of me.... driving ALONE in a pickup? ... with no MAN?!! ("Do you need a man? I could be your man!") Sometimes women would see me and give me a proud 'go girl' thumbs up!! Lesotho (pronounced Le-sutu) is a land-locked country within South Africa, all of which is above 6,000ft. Because of this elevation, this 'national blanket' is standard issue. One of the coldest nights of my life was in the middle of summer in Africa. 

For more pics from the Tribes series, 
check out my 'projects' on my website 
To see more awesome pics from last years faces winners gallery, 
check out pdn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Thia! CONGRATULATIONS on another award! -- your tribe series, AMAZING! Miss You! and hope to see you soon - Hillary XO