Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Party at Photos Do Not Bend Studio and Gallery

a slideshow from those that ventured into the photobooth......

I had a party at the gallery/studio to kick off 'half price December'. I wanted to give all my friends first dibs. Thought I'd serve some martinis and step it up a notch. A lot of these prints are printed by hand in the darkroom. They don't make them like this anymore. A dying art? I hope there will always be people out there that appreciate the beauty and tonal range of a fine art silver gelatin print.

Look at the flowers Sue Bridgman did for the event. Wow. When they delivered it that day, I loved it so much I couldn't stop staring at it. Everybody loves flowers - that's easy -her team does an amazing job with the DESIGN. outstanding!


some of the art that went to a good home.....

dunes of Namibia - gelatin silver print

weeeeee - Boise State Fair - gelatin silver print

Brooklyn Bridge - panoramic camera - gelatin silver print

Sun Valley Barn - manipulated polaroid

Buddha - infrared film - gelatin silver print

yes, that's really the Dalai Lama - I shot it when I was still in school - it's my best seller

Vang Vien, Laos - medium format camera - gelatin silver print, then sepia toned

Angkor Smile, Cambodia - medium format film, gelatin silver print

lone surfer at sunrise - digital print
you can have this wave, too - check out Mick's place in Bali. I shot this image from the infinity pool up on the cliff.

whispering buddhas on Monkey Forest Road (seriously) in Ubud - digital print

thanks to everyone who made this a really fun event!

for more of Thia Konig's personal work, go to thiakonig.com

1 comment:

hillary maybery said...

Soooooo BUMMED I couldn't make it to your gallery party -- looked like a BLAST!!! We need to get together after all the craziness slows down - XO